The Water Framework Directive is the main driver of improvements to water quality within Europe and consists of 6 yearly cycles of planning and delivery, in England these plans are the responsibility of the Environment Agency.
The first planning and delivery cycle began in 2009 and the Environment Agency has produced their draft River Basin Management Plans for the next cycle, which will begin in 2015. This plan is currently available for consultation and the draft plan can be found at https://consult.environment-agency.gov.uk/portal/ho/wfd/draft_plans/consult.
To help you do this the Environment Agency is holding a series of workshops over the next few months. The first workshop will look at the Old Bedford and Middle Level Management Catchment on 11 December 2014, 9.30 – 1.00pm at the Environment Agency’s Denver Complex (Sluice Road, Denver, Downham Market, PE38 0EG) and you are cordially invited to come along.
In this first series of workshops the Environment Agency will introduce the draft RBMP consultation documents, the questions and other sources of information available to you. There will be an opportunity to look at some of the local information.
The aims are that, by the end of this meeting, you will:
- Understand how your input can influence the draft Anglian River Basin Management Plan to improve the water environment.
- Know what is in the plan, supporting documents and tools.
- Know how to respond to the consultation and by when.
There will also be some information about Flood Risk Management Plans and the consultation for this, which closes on 31 January 2015.
Please reply to Teresa Brown, Catchment Coordinator, Environment Agency,
Telephone: 01733 464228
Post: Brampton Office, Bromholme Lane, Brampton, Huntingdon, PE28 4NE.
Once registered, we will send you the full agenda and details.
Tea and coffee will be provided.
Please let Teresa know if you have any mobility difficulties, the meeting room is accessed by a flight of stairs.
If you can’t make this date – other events in this Area that you could attend are:
- Tuesday 16 December at Swaffham, The Ecotech Centre – NW Norfolk Management Catchment
- Wednesday 17 December at Marston Moretaine, The Forest Centre – Upper and Bedford Ouse Management Catchment
- Thursday 18 December at Waterbeach, (venue to be confirmed) – Cam and Ely Ouse management Catchment